Saturday, September 13, 2014

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate Review


Starting off, I went into this anime expecting nothing good. I was surprised though, this anime turned out better than I had expected despite being a VN adaptation. VN adaptations tend to be either good or bad, and most of the time they are bad. From what I heard this is one of those cases in which its bad, but since I never played the VN I can’t make any comparisons. In my case I thought the story was interesting. We have the main character trying to win an election to be student body president so his club would not be disbanded. But as the series progressed, they started to give us a deeper look into the election, and a number of darker and more serious things start to surface…

In many levels this entire anime is unbelievable. The Japanese seem to love High School, and they also seem to like the idea of having students practically run the school with little to no adult supervision. Such is the case with this series, the entire school is run by students, for the students. The student council serves as the government, separated into different branches just like any Democratic government is. As any government would, there are internal power struggles, and elections are coming up. This is the basis for the plot, but we also have a sub-plot occurring involving the male lead, Oojima, and the various girls around him. At its core, its a harem, but it doesn’t go all over the place with the girls as most harems do. For this I commend the staff. There was good character development and good plot progression as well. If I have any complaints its that the series was too short and sometimes felt rushed. Overall a good anime.

Score - 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment