Thursday, October 2, 2014

Chihayafuru


Chihaya is your typical tomboy who meets a boy named Arata. This boy shows her his love for Karuta, a Japanese card game centered around old Japanese poems. Chihaya gets hooked to the game, and along with her other childhood friend Taichi, they aim to be the best of the best in Japan.

I just gotta say I absolutely loved this series, and I wasn’t even interested in it at first. It has everything all meshed up in one. This series was really well thought out, and has a carefully paced story. Mind you, the story revolves around a card game; yes, a card game. But this isn’t Yugioh or anything of the sort, its based on a real Japanese card game.  Getting into the specifics would take too much time, and I myself don’t really know how to play, so Ill summarize. Every card is a piece of a poem. A reader reads out loud the poem, and you have to guess what the next part is gonna be, and take that card before your opponent does. There’s so much more to it than that, but like I said earlier, I can’t get into specifics when I myself don’t know how to play lol. 

It is basically a slice of life series that centers around Karuta. I highly recommend this series. After watching episode 1, i went onto 2, 3, etc. Before I knew it I was halfway through the series.

Score - 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment